Monday, July 23, 2012

The Chair Needed a Vanity:)

Well, I made that fabulous purple chair and really did not know what to do with her! I found the perfect match for her at Goodwill! I saw this vanity, or desk, and had to have it! Thank goodness it was half off day at Goodwill, so the vanity costed me a whole $7.

Before any beautifying!


I love, love, love the drawer handles on this piece!


Someone was not taught by their mom that you MUST use a coaster, thanks Mom! Never again will this amazing piece of furniture be stained with beverage glass marks!

This vanity is even on casters! (Little wheels that used to be on a ton of old furniture!!)


After tons of sanding, with a power sander (which my amazing future Parent's In-Law bought me), I got the base off of this piece.

I chose to make a white chalk paint, for this piece. I wanted to keep the old look, and also add the distressed factor! I painted a few coats, and then look piece of lace and laid it on the top. I used a purple spray paint, and sprayed over the lace. That created the lace on the wood! I liked the concept, but was not thrilled with the turn out. So, I took my sander and sanded some more! With more sanding, it turned out perfect!!! I got the distressed look, and it has a faint aspect of the lace on the top:)


I kept the existing hardware, it was just right in its original form!


Now, my amazing chair has an amazing vanity!!!


2 comments:

  1. Thats awesome, can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing chair and amazing vanity needs an amazing huge mirror to go with it! It will be awesome for some future pictures :) Way to go Seester!

    ReplyDelete