Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Conquering the Wingback! Part I

This blog focuses on the stripping of the chairs...

I purchased 2 pink wingback chairs, from Goodwill (on half off day, my favorite!), and decided to make them over! Some of you may not know, but I am getting married and these chairs are going to be apart of the event. I got into this whole reupholstering thing because of my wedding! So, this starts my wingback wedding chair affair:)

Originally, both of the chairs looked like this...




This fabric was not working for me, so let the disrobing begin! I just use a flat head screw driver, needle nose pliers and some good ol' fashion elbow grease! These chairs were very well put together, so I had some sore hands by the time I was finished.
**Remember to keep the pieces of fabric that are taken off the chair, you can use them as a template.
I also took lots of pictures while taking the chair apart, this will help if you forget how something goes!

Start with the back first, then you will see a pattern for how
it was assembled. When you put it all back together, you will work
in reverse. The back piece will be the last thing attached. It is
helpful to number the pieces as you take them off.
     The cushion comes later, start with the
frame!




                                           Just a few snap shots of the process!

Once you have all of the fabric off, you can take a deep breath because you have just defeated this portion:)  

Advance to Part II of Conquering the Wingback:)                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment