Monday, July 23, 2012

This Chair Is What Sparked My Passion!


This is one of my favorites!

I found this chair at a thrift store, and saw so much potential!! I made the purchase, and knew I needed to make her stand out. I also made the discovery of my new favorite store, with the help of my mom:) I want to find a place where I could buy upholstery fabric, and maybe pick someone's brain about my new hobby. My mom found the H&R reupholstery fabric store online, and my love started from there! I went in and was overwhelmed with SO MANY CHOICES!!! I ended up finding what I wanted for this chair, and some others! An older gentleman, who works at (maybe owns) H&R, was so helpful. He gave me so many pointers, and I also made the purchase of my air staple gun!!! (Best investment ever!) I have a post about staple guns, if you have not seen so already:)

In her infancy...


I stripped her down, piece by piece!

*******Very helpful note************
Make sure to use care when stripping the fabric. You want to be able to use the old fabric as a template for the new fabric. It is also good to refer back to if you cannot remember what went where. This helps out a ton when you get into even more advanced chairs!


From this point, I sanded the wood frame as best as I could. Then, I stained the wood with a dark mahogany color. *Note: staining is a pain, and takes a few coats to get the actual wanted color. And, the stain has a strong odor, it lasts on the piece for a few days!

After I stained, I put her back together!


Unfortunately, I did not think about this whole blog thing till after I finished this chair. So, I don't have any step by step pictures. I did use my air staple gun for this project, and OH dang it was amazing! I added some fluff to both ends of the chair, I like it poof look:)


I found some fun trims at H&R, and those were added to finish the piece! To add the trims, I just use a hot glue gun, it works like a charm!

Here she is, all done up!




1 comment:

  1. Wow your getting really good at that! Beautiful chair!

    ReplyDelete