Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Conquering the Wingback! Part II

I have the chair stripped down to basically its frame...

Now, using the pieces of fabric that came off of the chair, you want to cut the new pieces of fabric. Just use them right on top of the new fabric, and get to cutting! Remember, when you start to staple you want to work in reverse from how the pieces came off. Start with the last piece that came off, the back usually is the last to go on.

I reused a majority of the fluff in this chair, just sprayed it with a little Lysol. There were some areas where I did add more fluff.

I also primed and painted the legs of the chair before adding the new fabric!

Just a reminder of the original...



Working piece by piece!


Have a majority of the chair covered!


I decided to use a nailhead trim to accent the chair a bit. When you buy the trim, it is sliver, so I primed and painted it white. This part is a pain, sometimes the nails do not cooperate and the bend or break. You must use a rubber mallet to nail these babies in, a regular hammer scratches and bends them really easy.



Alrighty, I believe we still have a chair cushion to make!

 This is slightly challenging, but worth it in the end:) You will need to sew for this portion. I had no clue how to sew, let alone turn on a sewing machine! Thank goodness I received a how-to lesson from my Aunt Yvonne! After the lesson, I got to work!!

I took the original cushion and broke it down into pieces. This let me see exactly how it was made, so I could recreate it. After it was taken apart, I cut the new pieces with my old fabric as a template.


Wednesday had to be in the picture:)


Lydia is pointing out the old fabric from the new:)

IT'S SEW TIME!

This chair has piping, so I decided to start out with that.  You take the piping and wrap that with the fabric. Sewing as close as possible to the piping.



These things come in handy to keep everything in place.


The piping is coming along!


Phew!! I finished it.


I think this is a good stopping point:)
The rest of the cushion will be on Part III

No comments:

Post a Comment